Reporting to a Director you will manage the activity and materials in the library, acting as the main point of contact for our design team and external vendors. The Resource Librarian oversees the scheduling, coordination, and facilitation of Studio-wide vendor presentations; sources, updates, and manages digital and physical vendor resources; and establishes and maintains contacts with vendors, showrooms, and galleries.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships, contact information, routine updates, and presentations.
- Identify new vendors and resources and share information with designers and architects about new products; arrange for representatives to visit when appropriate.
- Meet with sales representatives to screen new products.
- Arrange mini tradeshows catering towards specific studio (such as Hospitality, Workplace, Retail. Mixed use).
Materials and Resource Library:
- Managing the overall organization, general maintenance and updating of the materials library.
- Responsible for maintenance, general upkeep, and organization of physical library.
- Materials sourcing for the library and assist with sourcing and procurement of materials for projects.
- Assist design teams with sourcing of textiles, furniture, accessories, and art for projects when necessary.
- Ensure all samples, catalogs and databases remain current.
- Sharing new product information with the Studio.
- Arrange for furniture and products to be tested throughout the office.
- Return samples to showrooms and vendors.
- Catalog and organize periodicals and printed magazines and books.
- Manage and preserve all digital assets, including photographs, drawings, materials and vendor resource information across multiple platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Canvis, and Adobe Bridge.
- Create system to catalogue photographs, images, and drawings to facilitate searching, discovery, retrieval.
- Maintain existing digital assets management system; recommend new software and systems to manage digital assets.
Design Team Support:
- Communicate with studios on product needs and continue to elevate quality of palettes and selections.
- Assist design staff with research projects using in-house library and a wide range of other sources and data.
- Work with studios/project specific to help accessorize projects.
- Create inspirational trays for client meetings on occasion upon request.
- Order samples for studios upon request.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the Interior Design industry, ideally in FF&E or library management.
- Degree or Diploma in Interior Design preferred but not mandatory.
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Bridge, SPEXX, Data Management Software; MLIS preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a customer/service centric mindset.
- Must be able to work effectively in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Summer Fridays all year long
- Bi-annual all employee team building events
- Group health benefit plan
- Weekly supplier lunch and learns
- Two paid days per year for professional training & development
- Professional dues paid by Figure3
- Regular personal performance & career development meetings
Interested in this position?Apply Now Back to Careers